Monday, March 1, 2010

What a day...

Yesterday we all woke up usually time, I made breakfast for my little family of 4, now sure why 4 of us can eat a dozen scrambled eggs. That kinda sickens me to think about! But the boys and I left around 10:30 for church. As soon as we get there we take our coats off and Elijah removes his shoes as well. He's just like his mommy, if I don't need to wear shoes I don't! Tiernan woke up at 6 again so was over due for his nap by this time! So during church Tiernan actually took a bottles of cold milk and slept through the pastor.

Now let me explain... We sit in the front row of an evangelical church! If you've ever been you know thats sleeping is not an option! This boy barely will drink cold milk in a cup, and nothing but warm milk in his bottles! So for him to even fall asleep was amazing! Then to stay asleep I was amazed to say the least.

After church I was late of course because I love to chit chat and so do most women there! I had to pick up hubby from home and then drop Elijah off with Corey, his father at my parents. I was late of course but not more than 5 to 10 minutes so I think I was ok! Afterwards hubby decided to look at a car he saw on craigs list earlier. It is a 96 Buick lesabre for only 500! Not bad right? Well we get there is the body is great and its suppose to run, but needs something rather minor in "the car world." The guy and hubby try starting and jumping this car for 20+ minutes while I try an entertain Tiernan in the back seat! I'm hungry, he's hungry, and I know that everyone is at lunch with out us I was ready to take off with out loving hubby! Being tenacious, and a mechanic, hubby kept at it!

Finally hubby decided is not worth it and were off to lunch! FINALLY! Hubby then calls the guy back and offers him 200 for the car. He knew he could fix it up cheap and it would be worth it, and the guy was in desperate need for it gone since it would be towed and impounded the next morning! The offer was counter offered with 400! Yeah right! The guy calls back and say 350... hubby says he doesn't really need the car, we don't, and he will only go 250. We get a deal. He could scrap it and come out even! We buy a batter and go buy our "new" car. Needless to say, a new battery was all it needed. Now we have two vehicles and share a driveway with our neighbor. Its a 3 car driveway, but hubby fits the truck and the car at the narrow back and sucks in his gut to get out between them!

By this time Tiernan and I had been in the car for way way to long, and we had Elijah again now. We head over to my sister for homemade chicken noodle soup, italian bread and banana cream pudding pie thing for desert. Mmh! After a hectic day running here and there and everywhere it was nice to just sit down, eat and play a game! Eli got to run free, Tiernan got to crawl ALL over, and I got out of that dang jeep! We stayed way to late like always, but with the boys staying up late (even though both fell asleep there), they slept in today so I got to also!

Did I mention this was all done in heals? haha...what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0