I was at wal mart tonight and my potty training little boy needs to go potty urgently! I go in to women's room with my 3 year old and my 13 month old. I was really hoping for the handicap stall because it has a seat for the little one while i help the other one use the potty. Well of course its in use! And no she was not handicapped at all, no wheelchair, no walker she appeared perfectly able to use a "normal" stall. And she didn't have a child with her she needed to keep an eye on or use the little seat I had planned to use for my toddler!
Anyways.. the regular size stall is hard enough for just me to get in with my big preggo belly, let alone a toddler on my hip and a 3 year old. So needless to say i was pretty ticked at this point! I decided to let Elijah use it "by himself" and I was going to keep the door open and stand outside! As i'm bent over pulling down his pants and pull up he can't hold it anymore and pees a little on the floor and my leg! Now i'm very irritated! He went very well tho standing up at the potty all by himself though! I was very proud of him...
I was so ticked at the lady in the handicap stall so when my peed on the floor in front of the door I didn't tell her... Luckly another women was in with her little boy and helped Eli wash his hands for me... But really! Why did that women think she needed to use that stall? the bathroom wasn't busy and there were other stalls she could have used. What if a person who really needed it came in and couldn't use the restroom at all!
I guess I'm really sensitive to it in addition because my best friend growing up was in a wheelchair! But if you don't NEED it don't USE it! Another thing is why can't all places have the small toilet for children to use! I've seen some at wegmans, other wal marts and the mall! Do they really want to have to mop up pee all the time from little ones?

No comments:
Post a Comment