Saturday, March 6, 2010

catch up!

I have a problem sticking to things! This is one thing I really want to stick with though. I haven't wrote in 3 or 4 days. I have been busy and/or to miserable to write in all honesty! So heres a a little catch up...

Wednesdays are THE WORST day of the week for me. Hubby Joe goes in to work at 7:30/8:00 and works all day, and gets out at 5. That is if he gets out on time anyway. Then he comes home showeres and eats if he has time. Then off to drill until 8ish. He's a volunteer firefighter. So for 12 hours, minus the shower and speedy dinner, I am home alone with my two boys. I love them to death but being stuck in the house with nothing to do drives me crazy. Its still to cold and snowy to go out and play outside now. Hubby didn't even get out of work until 6:30 this week. We were already 3/4 of the way done with dinner seeing as I was expecting him at 5:30 at the latest. He decided not to go to drill but after dinner he wanted to go work on his wonderful car for an hour!

He skipped drill but he and the kids got the same amount of time with him as normal. Tiernan goes to bed at 8, so I had to keep him up later than he wanted so Joe could see him for a few mins, and Elijah goes to bed at 8:30 usually so he got less than half an hour. It's so hard because Joe works long hours and barely gets time with the kids as is, but when I think he should be playing with them, he needs is down time!

Last night, friday, the boys got their pictures taken. I kinda thought it was a scam, ABC studios, how generic, but it was only $10. My mom paid for it and was coming with us to help. Well Elijah was getting a bit shaggy so he needed a hair cut before any pictures would be taken for sure! My sister took Tiernan to Mcdonalds for fries while I took Eli to get his hair cut. For one the sign on the wall said "kids hair cuts $9.95" and we were charged $11.95. There was also a sign that said "If what you pay is different than your receipt call *this number*" But I wasn't even given a receipt. Plus the girl couldn't been less interested in doing my sons hair cut! ranted he's 3 and the clippers "tickle" and he gets distracted when he should be "looking down." But she wasn't chatty or friendly, and she didn't do a very good job. It was better than before but still not what I was looking for.

So when my mom got out of work we were al ready and in the car waiting for her, and off to price chopper where the pictures would be. For starters we had to find where they were doing the pictures, it was in the back room labeled "employees only." There was no sign for pictures this way, no poster, no guy standing out there guiding us of anything. Ridiculous i think!!! So we go back there and sign in and go for our pictures. Its just a regular white background limited props and one guy with a camera (besides the sign in guy). There were flowers petals all over the cloth were the BOYS had to sit. That makes for a great picture, if they are wedding or engagement anyway... They got a pretty cute one of them together, and Eli is such a clown, he was posing and hamming it up! He got a cute picture alone also. Then time for just Tiernan haha yeah that went good... He gave a cheesie face and played with the flowers. Then we tried on his belly and he crawled away.. he got an ok one but oh well.

What we paid for was just one 8 x 10 I think of both of them (the $10), then the camera guy says "you got 150 on you" Like i just carry it around for s's and g's. Then he asked my mom, yea ok. We knew he was trying to scam up into getting all those special prints and all that. But not like he even sat down with us and showed us all the pictures (besides on the back of his camera). We weren't paying for something before we saw the end result you know! But next friday I get to go back and pic up our picture.

Today were going to wal mart in fulton, its about 15 minutes away from the one in our town. But my mom has anxiety and can't travel out of town. My dad asked if I wanted to go also, I think he thinks that having the boys as a slight distraction, and me and him as moral support she will do good! I'm excited, I get to go out of the house. The better she gets with this the more we can all do together. I remember when I was little (elementary school) we'd go to the mall with my aunt and other store that are more like 45 minutes form home. I'd love to be able to go to the mall with my mom again, and the boys. Sounds silly but its the little things sometimes that mean a lot right?

I have a feeling we'll end up going out to eat, it will be the third time this week that the boys go out. My parents went out with us on Monday, that we went after the hair cut. We never really go out but 3 times in one week, thats a bit much. I've been trying to eat healthy lately with this pregnancy. But when I eat healthy I want to eat lots more often! I guess its different when its good for you, but I feel like a pig! Within the last 2 or 3 days I ate a whole head of iceburg lettuce.

I know a lot more has happened with in these last few days but my memory is shot! Pregnancy brain you know! Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0