Friday, July 22, 2011

Now lets start over

So I am now half way into reading "Stay Home, Stay happy" and im really enjoying the book, it has a lot of great advice! Lots of what shes says seems like DUH! In your face obvious things that we just dont do! While we all know if we have a problem with our spouse we should confront him right away and not wait 2 weeks till we blow up about something tiny and then it all come out Or that we should have our children help us out, even though its so much faster and easier to just to it our self, they still need to learn. All that and more and I still have half the book to read.
She gives tips on how to get things done right and staying calm with everything being a stay at home momma! I like being a stay at home mom for the most part, but I think this book will help me to enjoy it more. I can't wait to LOVE my job!
As I read I have been trying to change little things about our family, and my stay at home life. One of which will me this very blog! Today I started havng my 2 and 4 year old start "chores." In all honesty I'm not sure what chores tey can do, but Im going to start a chore chart for the both of them and give them stickers when chore are completed and some sort of prize for the number of stickers. I haven't really figured it out 100% yet.
The only chore type thing they did today was laundry! Yes I had my 2 and 4 year old helping with laundry and before you call CPS on me (joking of course) they loved it! I sat the 2 year old on the washer, handed him clothes to put in, and the 4 year old emptied the dryer which of course he had to climb all the way in to get that last bib from the back haha! Then as it washed they helped sort clothes by peson. Elijah was much better than Tiernan at sorting but he is 2 years older. Then i emptied the washer to a basket and Tiernan loaded the dryer from the basket as Elijah picked the dirty clothes off the floor for the washer.
Yes I could have done it myself, and it would have taken far less time, but if I don't leach the kids how to do it them self 1- I'll be doing it for them forever 2- their future wives will be VERY frustrated with them! The best part of it all was they enjoyed it and asked to help more. Good start to chores, and they know nothing about possible future treats for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0